February 11th, 2021
Thursday, February 11, 2021
• February 11th is Moose Hide Campaign Day. The moose hide campaign is a grassroots movement of Indigenous and non-Indigenous men and boys who are standing up against violence towards women and children. It has grown into a campaign to raise awareness of what violence is and ways of addressing any form of violence against anyone. Teachers have cards with moose hide square pins attached, available for all teachers, staff, and students in the school. Wearing the moose hide signifies your commitment to honour, respect, and protect the women and children in your life and to work together with others to end violence. There are activities available online for classes and individuals to participate in. the website is on your moose hide campaign day card.
• Jam club will recommence today after school in the music room. All instruments, all voices.
• If you were scheduled to have your grad photo taken on Monday, February 8th (the snow day) Calnen photography has rescheduled to come back on
Monday, March 1 to have your grad photo taken. Whatever time you were booked on the “snow day” will be the same time you are booked for March 1st. For students who did not have their grad photo taken and would like to book a time, please come down to the main office for more information.
• The girls’ hockey team had a close battle with Eastern Shore Tuesday, ending with a nail-biting 2-1 loss. Our goal was delivered by Melissa Dewolfe, assisted by Anna Jericho and Molly Anderson. Good luck in your next game on Thursday, Judges!
• Girls Rugby First practice is TODAY after school in the gym from 330-530pm. All girls interested in learning about the sport are encouraged to come and join. Complete practice schedule from now until March Break will be passed out and also located outside of Room 232. Please see Ms. McNeil if you have any questions.
• Virtual Summer Job Fair for Federal Government opportunities will be happening on Thursday, February 18, 2021. Please come down to the main office for more details.
• Congrats on the boys’ basketball team for defeating Cole Harbour by a score of 71 – 49 . High scores of the game were Chaysten Cameron, Gage MacPhee and Alain Mapendo.